Real • Unique Osteocalcium Tablets
Sufficient amounts of calcium are required for bone strength. The body uses calcium for the heart, blood, muscles and nerves. Without the proper amount of calcium intake, the body will strip calcium from the bones where it is stored, causing the bones to get weaker. Since our bodies pull calcium from our bones every time we work our muscles, it is important to constantly replenish our calcium supply. It is estimated that 55% of men and 78% of women over age 20 in the U.S. do not get enough calcium in their diet. “The key is developing strong bones early in life-before age 30 when our bones naturally start to thin. After 30, it’s a matter of preserving bone strength by consuming enough calcium in your daily diet so that the body doesn’t take what it needs from the bones,” referring to Lipman, consumerreports.org. It is important to note that since the human body cannot produce its own calcium. A body with a good calcium supply will have a strong heart, meaning a decreased risk of cardiac problems later in life.
Aside from calcium, vitamin D and vitamin K2 are two of the most important additions to this formula. Vitamin D helps with absorption of calcium from the gastrointestinal tract and with resorption of calcium in the kidneys that would otherwise have been excreted. What do calcium and vitamin D have in common? Most people have a deficiency of both vitamins. The Institue of Medicine found that over 50% of North American women are not receiving enough daily vitamin D. Teens need at least 1,300 mg of calcium daily, according to The Institue of Medicine. That’s when bones are forming. After age 30, get at least 1,000mg of calcium and 800 IU of vitamin D daily to slow bone loss.
Vitamin K2 keeps calcium in your bones and out of your arteries. When our vitamin K2 levels are low, calcification our arteries can occur because calcium collects in our blood. Vitamin K2 also activates proteins that work to mineralize bones. These two important qualities help combat two diseases which pose serious risks for millions: heart disease and osteoporosis.
Real House presents our Unique Osteocalcium Tablets, another beneficial product in our line of Targeted Health Boosters. Our calcium supplements are more effective than most on the market, due to our inclusion of magnesium, vitamin C, vitamin D and vitamin K2 in our formula. These vitamins and minerals help the body absorb calcium more efficiently. Magnesium is also beneficial for bone and teeth development, while it relaxes blood vessels and muscles, allowing for easier calcium absorption. This product is essential for children, the elderly, and everyone in between. It will assist your children while their bodies are developing, and it can help the elderly maintain strong bones and muscles. Any adults can take this supplement to prevent the chances of future osteoporosis or cardiac issues.
There is no sugar added which means it is more suitable for people with diabetes.
Place of Production: Canada
Size: 90 Tablets per bottle
Shelf Life: Three Years (if unopened). The product is safe to use for three years but for best effect, the product should be consumed as soon as possible after opening. Typically, our customers finish this product in 1-3 months after opening.
Recommended Use: A factor in the maintenance of good health. Calcium intake, when combined with sufficient vitamin D, a healthy diet and regular exercise may reduce the risk of developing osteoporosis. Helps to build strong bones. Helps in the development and maintenance of bones.
Recommended Dose: 4 years old+: 1 Tablet(s) 1 time(s) per day Take a few hours before or after taking other medications or natural health products. Take with food. For children under 6 years of age: crush the tablet and add to food prior to consumption. Do not allow the child to swallow the tablet whole.
Supplement Facts （Each vegetable tablet contains）
|Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid)||100mg|
|Natural Vitamin D (Cholecalciferol)||5ug (200IU)|
|Calcium (Calcium Carbonate)||300mg|
|Magnesium (Magnesium Citrate)||30mg|
Main Ingredients and Functions
Calcium – Calcium plays a very important role in the body. It is necessary to maintain normal functioning of nerves, cells, muscle, and bone. If there is not enough calcium in the blood, then the body will take calcium from bones, thereby weakening bones. Inadequate calcium significantly contributes to the development of osteoporosis. Many published studies show that low calcium intake throughout life is associated with low bone mass and high fracture rates. National nutrition surveys have shown that most people are not getting the calcium they need to grow and maintain healthy bones.
Calcium Can Help:
- Strengthen Bones: Calcium strengthens the backbone and ensures the right shape to the body, as well as helping to alleviate the presence of back pain. It helps to keep the bones in their proper shape and prevents many skeletal complaints like arthritis and osteoporosis, which could hamper your freedom of movement.
- Maintain Healthy Teeth and Gums: Calcium protects your teeth by keeping the jaw bone strong and sturdy throughout your life.
- Prevent Obesity: Calcium efficiently helps in maintaining optimal body weight in both males and females. If there is any deficiency of the mineral in your diet, the body will tend to release a parathyroid hormone, which in turn stimulates the bones to release it into your bloodstream. A parathyroid hormone also stimulates the production of fat and prevents its breakdown, which can subsequently make you obese. Researchers have found Calcium may play a part in how fat is broken down and stored. The more calcium in a fat cell, the more fat it burns.
- Protect Cardiac Muscles: Calcium protects your heart muscles. Sufficient amounts of calcium help cardiac muscles to contract and relax properly. It also helps the nervous system maintain the proper pressure in your arteries. If there is a calcium drop, a hormone called calcitriol is released, which contracts the smooth muscles of the arteries, thereby increasing the blood pressure.
- Prevent Colon Cancer: Adequate calcium prevents the overall risk of colon cancer and suppresses the growth of polyps that can lead to cancer.
- Prevent Premenstrual Depression: Adequate amounts of calcium lessens the symptoms of premenstrual syndromes like dizziness, mood swings, hypertension and many others. Low levels of the mineral might trigger the release of the hormones that are responsible for premenstrual mood swings including irritability and depression.
- Ensure a Healthy Alkaline pH Level: Junk foods, excess sugars, and preserved food items contribute in forming acidity in the body, which in turn could give rise to various disease conditions like cancer, kidney stones, and hypertension. Calcium helps to maintain a healthy pH level, thereby improving your vitality and overall health.
- The National Institute of Health conducted a research study called “Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension (DASH)”. The results showed that increased calcium intake results in decreased blood pressure.
- Help to ease the movement of nutrients across cell membranes.
- Aids and regulates the body’s use of calcium and other minerals.
- Help calcium levels stay steady in the body by producing the necessary hormone to assist the mineral.
- Assists in bone and teeth formation.
- Is an important factor in muscle relaxation and heart health.
- Allows nerves to send messages to the brain and nervous system.
- Regulates the metabolism of nutrients such as protein, nucleic acids, fats, and carbohydrates.
- Regulates cholesterol production and helps modulate insulin sensitivity.
- Assists in energy production, DNA transcription, and protein synthesis.
- Maintains the structural health of cell membranes throughout the body.
The body needs minerals on a regular basis as it cannot manufacture them such as Calcium and Magnesium.
Natural Vitamin D (Cholecalciferol) – The body needs vitamin D to absorb calcium. Without enough vitamin D, the body cannot form enough of the hormone calcitriol (known as the “active vitamin D”). Vitamin D is the body’s most important regulator of calcium absorption. Scientists now know that people low in vitamin D absorb 65% less calcium than those with adequate levels of this vitamin. Subsequently, needless osteoporotic fractures are much more common. In addition, It is now clear that vitamin D maintains the function of muscle fibers, thus preserving muscle strength and neuromuscular coordination.
Vitamin C – According to the medical experts, vitamin C may help to increase calcium absorption. As such, they recommend that combining calcium supplements with a source of vitamins can help maximize your intake of both of these important compounds. Vitamin C is mildly acidic. These acidic properties may make pure vitamin C supplements difficult to digest if you have a sensitive stomach. Calcium ascorbate combines ascorbic acid with calcium carbonate to neutralize the acidic properties of vitamin C. In addition to reducing your risk of experiencing digestive difficulties, this combination may also help to increase your calcium intake due to the effects of vitamin C on calcium absorption.
Vitamin K2 – Vitamin K2 helps calcium effectively bind to bones in the body, keeping them dense and protecting bones from the fragility of osteoporosis. According to a study done in Japan, women took a “nutritional dose” (180mcg) of vitamin K2 for three years. The results showed that women who followed this supplementation had improved bone mineral content and bone mineral density. Their risk for developing osteoporosis was dramatically reduced.
Disclaimer: Information on this website has been obtained from secondary sources which are intended to provide general summary information only. These sources are believed to be reliable. Real House does not assume any liability for the accuracy, usefulness, completeness, currency, and adequacy of the information and should not substitute for a medical consultation. Our products are not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any disease. Individual results may vary.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Crawling before walking is essential for babies in terms of their development. Make sure your baby is crawling in comfort with our Organic Cotton Socks, another item in our line of Real Baby products. Crawling helps our children strengthen their shoulder and hand muscles, and it also helps them learn to develop hand-eye coordination for the first time. Therefore, crawling…
ORGANIC NOURISHING & SLIMMING POWDER Real House wants to share the secret for maintaining your beauty. Simply, long-lasting beauty comes from treating your body right on the inside. That’s why we proudly launched our Beauty Secret Series in order to help ladies of all ages maintain their beauty and radiance. We have designed a Nourishing and Slimming Powder suited for…
Children need vitamin D in order to build strong bones. This tends to be one of the main vitamins that infants and young children lack in their diet since breast milk contains only trace elements of vitamin D. This vitamin is essential for children in order for them to build strong bones. Our bodies need vitamin D in order to…