Real • Whole Coriander Seed
Coriander is often a forgotten spice in the culinary world. It takes a backseat to other starring spices such as oregano, cumin, and paprika. However, it doesn’t take an all-star chef to utilize the unique flavours that coriander presents. Whole coriander seeds are remnants of cilantro, although it tastes nothing like it’s leafy brother.
Coriander has a very fragrant and aromatic taste, and it can add an interesting flavour profile to many dishes. The earthiness of coriander makes it a good addition to soups such as carrot or any cream-based soups. It can also be used in tomato-based starch dishes such as pasta and lasagna. You would be wise to add it to other dishes such as butternut squash, crab cakes, eggs, curry paste, or even naan bread! Coriander can also be ground up, instead of being used as whole seeds.
There is a high nutritional value to be gained from consuming coriander. It contains essential oils, malic acid, potassium salt, calcium salt, fat, protein, vitamins and nitrogenous substances. Coriander is a suitable addition to heart disease patients since it lacks sodium compared to many other spices.
Place of Production: Canada
Size: 400 grams
Organic Ingredients: Coriander Seed, Non-Irradiated
Storage conditions: Store in a cool dry place. Avoid direct sunlight as soon as possible after opening.
Shelf Life: 2 Years
Health Benefits of Coriander Seeds
1. Coriander contains antioxidants that prevent disease and promote health.
2. The aromatic flavor of coriander is derived from essential oils and fatty acids. The fatty acids in the coriander seed include petroselinic acid, linoleic acid (Omega-6), oleic acid and palmitic acid. In addition to linalool, α-pinene, geraniol, camphene and terpene and other essential oils, these ingredients help with digestion and relieve the bloating effect.
3. Coriander seeds are rich in dietary fibre. 100 grams of dried coriander seed provides approximately 42 grams of fibre. These dietary fibres are metabolized into an insoluble fibre by absorbing water to increase food volume. This promotes digestion and eases the role of constipation.
4. In addition, dietary fibre binds bile salts (produced by cholesterol) and reduces their reabsorption in the colon. This helps to lower bad cholesterol levels in the blood. Coupled with antioxidant flavonoids, the fibre in the coriander can also prevent colon cancer.
5. Coriander seeds are an ideal source of minerals such as iron, copper, calcium, potassium, manganese, zinc and magnesium. The body produces red blood cells, which need copper. Cell metabolism requires iron, while zinc is required to control the growth, development, and production of sperm. Potassium controls the heartbeat and blood pressure.
6. The vitamin content of the coriander seed is high compared to other dry-flavored seeds that do not contain vitamin C. 100 grams of dried coriander seed can provide about 21 mg of vitamin C, equivalent to 35% of the recommended daily intake.
7. In addition to the above nutrients, the coriander also contains thiamine, riboflavin and niacin and other B vitamins.
Disclaimer: Information on this website has been obtained from secondary sources which are intended to provide general summary information only. These sources are believed to be reliable. Real House does not assume any liability for the accuracy, usefulness, completeness, currency, and adequacy of the information and should not substitute for a medical consultation. Our products are not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any disease. Individual results may vary.
Although we usually think of popcorn as an unhealthy yet incredibly satisfying snack, the truth is that popcorn is actually beneficial for your health. Popcorn contains high amounts of polyphenols, which are antioxidants that fight against free radicals in the body. This prevents the body from aging. If you are searching for a good excuse to eat popcorn, you can…
Not only is cinnamon one of the tastiest spices on the planet, it is also one of the best spices for your health. This delicious spice contains a variety of medical functions, which can be enjoyed along with its flavourful taste. Cinnamon helps in the prevention of blood vessel occlusion, sterilization, controlling blood sugar, helping memory, preventing colorectal cancer, maintaining…
100% Real Natural Lemon Dill Sea Salt is extracted from the cold, pure depths of the Canadian ocean. This sea salt can add a powerful punch to any meal since it is ten times richer than ordinary salt. Lemon dill is traditionally great with any seafood dishes, especially salmon or tilapia. If you want to try something different, try adding this…
Coconuts are one of the earth’s tropical treasures. This delicious fruit is rich in vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and also contains a high amount of fibre. Coconuts help in the development of healthy bones and teeth by improving the body’s ability to absorb calcium. Our Real Organic Shredded Coconut retains all of the same nutritional benefits that this tropical fruit…